Hello! Firstly I want to welcome everyone to our group and thank you very very much for being here with us!
Some explanations about the gallery:
We want to create a gallery of outstanding and completed works that give the essence of magic and fantasy, but that look realistic as well... so illustrations that are wonderful but don't look very realistic will not be included in our gallery but can certainly go to our group's favorites! Later we may create another group only for illustrations and sketches, and the selection of the works included will certainly be from the group's favorites
Everyone can submit their works to our gallery, though if your work won't be accepted it doesn't mean that we don't appreciate it or that it isn't wonderful, it just means that it doesn't match to the certain folder or the certain criteria of choosing it. Anyone who becomes a member has more benefits in submitting and voting.
Remember, the whole concept of the group is fantasy and a way of showing fantasy though a realistic way, and the image itself should be right (poses of the human body, color, placing objects in space)
If anyone wants to improve a certain deviation so that we can include it in the gallery can note the group or me and we can discuss it or find a tutorial to help
I think this could be a very nice and helpful process and we will all have a lot of fun doing it.
Right now we have 8 basic folders in the gallery except from "featured"
1. "Photographs of dreams": This folder contains all the photographs, we don't add photography anywhere else except from there. The kind of photography we add needs to have an essence of dreams or fantasy (It doesn't matter if it has been manipulated a little bit as well, it just needs to look like a photograph)
2. "The perfect charm": Here we add illustrations or photo-manipulations of charming, romantic or sexy women. Mermaids, angels, creature-like women like snake-women or evil women all go here. They could be traditional or digital, but they have to be completed and really breathtaking. Please choose and submit only your best works
Photo-manipulations that give more the essence of a photograph and not of a realistic illustration don't go here, we submit these works at the folder "Photographs of dreams". Don't forget that the works submitted to the gallery need to have even a little relation to fantasy in general.
3. "Dream lands": Here we add digital or traditional illustrations of landscapes that look "dreamy", magical, or just wonderful.
4. "Perfect tutorials": Here we add tutorials of advance level of art (not beginners tutorials, unless they are outstanding and extremely helpful)
5. "Beasts of the underworld": Here we add fantastical big beasts (scary or not), but they have to look breathtaking and the image to be completed.
6. "Horror": Anything too scary or macabre can go here. Careful not to be confused between the folders "horror" and "the perfect charm".
7. "Fantastical Creatures": Magical creatures, except from big beasts go in this folder. -If a beast has a gentle heart can go here as well (ha ha)-
For example: Unicorns, furry forest fellows, magical birds, strange little creatures/small monsters, magical fishes (not mermaids here)
8. "Sculpture, dolls and figures": For all the sculpture & doll lovers this folder was created
Here we add original artists (realistic-looking) dolls, realistic sculpture and furry fellows. Please add only your best works
Note: the photographs of the works should be correct and nice as well.
More on the way!
* If anyone get confused and add his/her work into the wrong folder, if the work is accepted we will move it to the right folder afterwards, or he/she will receive a request from us (about the submitted work) so that we can add it to the right folder right away. So don't worry, it will not be removed, only moved to the right folder. Although, try to be a little careful if possible
If anyone has any ideas or want to add folders or make any changes or presentations it would be our pleasure to hear all opinions! For any questions feel free to send me a note.
Thank you all for your time to read this